CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com
REGISTER

Placeholder2

+ Reply to Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kutamani tanzanite

Yay!

One of the things I like most about JTV is their disclosures, so it's really important to me that they fixed this!
    Lorrie

(singsong) "I am the gemstone bandito..." --Michael Valitutti

Speedy quick - impressive JTV!!! and of course, the girls here rock lol ;)!
    Michelle
    Host

Vacation days, fall leaves , playing hooky, the first page of a book, writing about it, a moment alone, a gathering with friends, a cup, a sip, a sigh

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted ~ Aesop
    There's no such thing as too many handbags ~ Bag Lovers!

Banned

Unhappy Kutamani tanzanite

I am glad to hear about JTV fixing this discrepancy so quickly. I have bought a couple of these Kutamani pieces in the recent past and have been largely happy with them. However, I never really looked inside them and when I read this post I found many inclusions which were not that easy to see with the naked eye but really pop out when held under a strong light source. I returned one and kept the other. I might not have bought either of them if I had known that they would carry these sorts of inclusions. To be honest I didn't know much about Tanzanite when I bought - it was more impulse buy. I have since done a bit of research and found that fine Tanzanite should be clean or very nearly flawless. This site was useful for learning about clarity, color etc - http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite.asp It has a section on Tanzanite education in the left hand column which has alot of information. I have not actually purchased from them although they seem to have some very nice stones with extremely good color. I know alot more now and will be more informed with my next purchase.

HI NickNack1000! We learn something new every day!

The Mahaleo Ruby disclosures need to be the gold standard for gemstone disclosure, IMO. From the moment I heard it presented, there was NO question in my mind that they are fissure-filled and the history as to why. If I wanted (which I did) I could go looking for further info to see if this is an accepted treatment in the industry (yes) and make a decision as to whether I want to purchase or not.

I was pleased when the Kutamani started being presented in a similar manner, it's less disappointment on the customer's part and less returns on JTV's part.

Actually, when we were in Knoxville and I was waiting for Michele outside the hotel on Saturday, I discovered a HUGE inclusion in my Rocks TV amethyst/tourmaline ring because I was really examining it in the sun. While I don't mind an inclusion like the one in that ring (I call them "phantoms" and in the metaphysical sense they're actually preferred), the average person would not accept something like that. I can tell you there was no mention of large inclusions or phantoms on the web site or in the presentation.
    Judy

Just hopping in to say Hello and to NickNack! Hi !!! And you're talking to the right group here, NickNack! We have quite a few true rock hounds here! Thank goodness for them because I'm useless in that department Talk soon!
    Michelle
    Host

Vacation days, fall leaves , playing hooky, the first page of a book, writing about it, a moment alone, a gathering with friends, a cup, a sip, a sigh

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted ~ Aesop
    There's no such thing as too many handbags ~ Bag Lovers!

Real Time Web Analytics