CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com

Placeholder2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kutamani tanzanite

Robert and Sharon are selling a ring in Kutamani Tanzanite. I'm not really happy with the way they are selling it.

They emphasized the stone's color, talking about the most important thing in a colored gemstone being color, color, color. They described "Kutamani" as a brand name, and are talking about it being superior in color to most other tanzanite. According to a side bar, the name was created from the Swahili word for "aspire". Sharon explained that is because other tanzanite aspires to be this color.

Only in passing do they mention that it is a "clarity 2" stone, and they then presented it as "who walks around looking at your tanzanite with a loupe, anyway?"

Well, gemstones are graded on cut, clarity, and color. JTV has very high standards for their gemstones, and created this brand name to differentiate it from their first grade tanzanite. But the hosts are not selling it that way! I might be willing to accept a lower clarity for affordability, BUT I WANT IT CLEARLY STATED THAT IS WHY IT IS A LOWER PRICE!

A few months ago when I first saw the Kutamani name, I looked it up in JTV's learning library glossary. The description condradicted itself, stating that Kutamani has "fewer internal characteristics" than other tanzanite products, but its "rich, regal hues more than make up for their presence". Making up for their presence implies MORE internal characteristics, not fewer. I emailed customer service at the time, and was told it was being forwarded to the right people to get it changed on the site. I just checked the glossary again today--it's still not fixed.

JTV does a much better job disclosing everything than their competitors, but they need to work on this one--it's not up to their own standards of disclosure.
    Lorrie

(singsong) "I am the gemstone bandito..." --Michael Valitutti

I watched this presentation and I agree with you. While I do agree that nobody in my life will be louping my jewelry, the clarity of the stones I buy is important to me and I at least want the choice to make an informed decision on what I am buying.

I finally figured out that the reason they love to go on about the color is because the deeper color actually masks the inclusions in the stone.

This is a very good thread - I hope JTV sees this and communicate these concerns :D

While we're at it... I'm not really into when the hosts say certain stones look like blue diamond or black diamond... or that the diamonds are so white (in a piece they're presenting) when I can clearly see on tv that it's not

I really enjoy JTV now a days, so it'll be great to see them make improvements in these areas
    Michelle
    Host

Vacation days, fall leaves , playing hooky, the first page of a book, writing about it, a moment alone, a gathering with friends, a cup, a sip, a sigh

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted ~ Aesop
    There's no such thing as too many handbags ~ Bag Lovers!

I can't agree more with everthing you ladies stated here!

My huge thing is disclosure disclosure (especially when it comes to my gemstone purchases)!
    I don't expect everything I purchase to be perfect (because quite frankly, in many cases I can't afford perfect) but I do need to be provided the information to make an informed decision for myself.
    Perfect example is my first Mahaleo ruby purchase from JTV. They clearly disclose that these are fissure filled rubies and I decided I was able to live with that, or at least give it a chance. But boy oh boy I would be po'ed if they didn't disclose and I found out afterwards!
    Maddie

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." --Mark Twain

"Yield to all and you will soon have nothing to yield." --Aesop

Peridot, looks like your email finally got to the right people at JTV and they fixed the description!

Wooohoooo! the power of an educated consumer at work here heeheee ;)

From the exotic east African country of Tanzania comes a rising new tanzanite star, Kutamani Tanzanite. Named from the native Swahili language, Kutamani translates to "aspire". While Kutamani Tanzanite has a few more internal characteristics than our other tanzanite products, its regal, rich hues more than make up for their presence. Kutamani Tanzanite gives you the aspirational look of the finest tanzanite at extremely affordable pricing. Aspire to possess one of the most beautiful gemstones on the planet today..Kutamani Tanzanite, only on Jewelry Television and jtv.com.
    Last edited by meTime; 12-05-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Maddie

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." --Mark Twain

"Yield to all and you will soon have nothing to yield." --Aesop