CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com

Placeholder2

+ Reply to Thread

Default Whatever happened to.....

I brought this idea over from another thread. Among us all, we can probably answer a lot of questions about who is where.

So where is Steve Coluntuno???

Found an interesting Kathy Levine interview transcript that I think you gals would like :)

http://www.qvc.com/co/kathy_levine_c...cript_0208.pdf

Somewhere in it Kathy saids last she heard Steve C lives in Florida and is in the jewelry business too.

Happy reading! :)

Wes and Pamela McCoy - They were the king and queen, husband/wife couple, on shopNBC. I loved watching them and they left the channel I think about a year ago. Lots of hosts were let go there :(

I believe I read somewhere that hosts usually have a one-year non compete agreement with the channels so they can't join another network until the one-year is up.

I'm hoping the McCoys will land on QVC but I think they seem like a better fit with HSN? :)

Pamela still has a fashion line on ShopNBC but I wonder how stable or how much longer it would be there :p

They need to come back to "a" tv shopping network! :)

Pam, Wes, the late Bill Fahey (loved him), and my fav Charla were all fired. From the movie Pretty Woman, Big mistake...HUGE! I seriously slowed down my purchasing and viewing due to that. Furthermore, who is Carmella Sterling??? I'm a GIA grad and she SURE isn't a "jewelry expert"!!! As for Paul Deasy, c'mon dude, blue goldstone is NOT a natural stone!!! If it weren't for Michael Valetutti, I'd boycott.

I used to be an avid Jewelry Television watcher until they fired Graduate Gemologists, Nicole Richards and Cheryl Ells. They were some of the few credentialed hosts there. I even called in to get one of the executive's wife, who was an under-qualified host, to stop calling the turquoise she was schlepping, "Snow White" turquoise...IT'S SLEEPING BEAUTY TURQUOISE, YOU FOOL!!! Fade to black! ;)And THEN there was the class action lawsuit because they over-hyped and misrepresented Red and Green Labradorite as untreated stones, even going as far as to state that the Red version was the Official Stone of the Winter Games in China!!!ENOUGH! I went postal and have never tuned in since! Bush League! But I did friend Nicole and Cheryl on Facebook and Nicole DID tell me she had a one year non-compete.

Quote Originally Posted by donna gem fan View Post
    I used to be an avid Jewelry Television watcher until they fired Graduate Gemologists, Nicole Richards and Cheryl Ells. They were some of the few credentialed hosts there. I even called in to get one of the executive's wife, who was an under-qualified host, to stop calling the turquoise she was schlepping, "Snow White" turquoise...IT'S SLEEPING BEAUTY TURQUOISE, YOU FOOL!!! Fade to black! ;)And THEN there was the class action lawsuit because they over-hyped and misrepresented Red and Green Labradorite as untreated stones, even going as far as to state that the Red version was the Official Stone of the Winter Games in China!!!ENOUGH! I went postal and have never tuned in since! Bush League! But I did friend Nicole and Cheryl on Facebook and Nicole DID tell me she had a one year non-compete.
    I used to watch it too, ordered some stuff but found I had to return more than I kept as the quality was poor. Cheryl is now on another gems show, AVC I think it is. It is on at different times during the day, not yet a dedicated channel to jewelry and gemstones. Frankly, the gemstones are just so so IMO on that channel.
    My favorite gemstone/jewelry channel is Gem Shopping Network out of Atlanta, wonderful stuff, NOT cheap! Wish I could afford to be a good customer of theirs :D